Volunteers' recruitment is an ongoing process and is performed by Red Cross branches depending on the local needs and the activities it carries out.
To recruit volunteers, the Red Cross branches will require them to submit a CV and will use a registration form which should contain the following information:
- Name, surname;
- Address and contact details (phone, email);
- Date of birth;
- Education and training;
- Occupation and employment;
- Family status;
- Skills (foreign languages, leadership, representation skills etc.);
- Experience as a volunteer;
- Activities the volunteer is interested in;
- Time availability.
Become a Red Cross volunteer!
- Do you want to do something special with your life?
- Do you want to do something really useful for the world you live in?
- Do you want to dedicate your time helping the vulnerable people?
If your answer is YES, then you must get involved now! Join a family of over 2000 volunteers of the Moldova Red Cross!
Now you have the opportunity to do something for yourself and for those near you! You can help an old person to smile again, give hope to a child who suffers from poverty, help a family affected by the floods to restore the household, or a sick person to recover his health.
Do yourself what we are doing for 85 years!
Join the common mission of the largest humanitarian organization worldwide!
"... If we want to live in a better world, we should contribute to its creation. You must be the change you want to see in the world." (Mahatma Gandhi)
Ten reasons to be a Red Cross volunteer:
1. Help to change the world you live in;
2. Because the happiness of others depends also on you;
3. Return the smile on the face of those who are unhappy;
4. Because the dignity of others depends also on your own dignity;
5. Give back something of what you received from others;
6. Gain useful skills and learn new things;
7. Be part of a prestigious organization, in a strong team;
8. Gain experience to obtain a better job;
9. Make new friends and find your friends already volunteers;
10. Build memories and remain in the memories of others.
Everyone can become a Red Cross volunteer.
We all have at least one ability, skill or talent we can use in the benefit of a person who needs help, we all have something special to offer... including you!
If you are young: you have the opportunity to be a member of the largest humanitarian organization in the world, in a strong team, to gain experience that will help you to get a job more easily. As a volunteer, you can test a possible career, make contacts and strong friendships, practice your ideas and enthusiasm and know the world in a different way than you know it now.
If you are an elderly person: you can share your experience with those who need help. You can be an example for the youth, and also for those of the same age as you. Being elder does not mean resignation and inactivity; you can be an important resource for the society.
If you are employed: life means more than the home-job routine. Getting involved in a voluntary activity, you can change the monotony of your life with joy and the feeling of accomplishment, helping an elderly person, a child, a family in need, or saving a person in a desperate situation. Live unforgettable moments with thousands of other Red Cross volunteers! It's time to make a change in your life!
If you are a freelancer/ unemployed: Getting involved in volunteering activities, you have the chance to gain new experiences, new skills, you can create contacts that will lead you to the job you want. Do not let the time pass beside you! Fill your life with joy. There are so many people who need you. It's time to dedicate your spare time to them. Our mission is possible thanks to the people like you, people who offer a helping hand without asking anything in return.
Contact the Red Cross branch in the district / city where you live in or study. Learn how you can better use your knowledge, experience, ideas, and enthusiasm.
How can you become a volunteer?
- Submit a CV and a motivation letter to the branch in the district / city where you live in or study;
- After you have sent your CV and the motivation letter, you should establish a meeting to find out more information about volunteering;
- The branch Director will explain you what to do and discuss with you about your expectations and motivation to volunteer;
- Each Red Cross volunteer receives training on the International Movement of Red Cross/ Red Crescent and the Fundamental Principles. Depending on your skills and preferences, you will be assigned to an activity for which you will also receive training. The trainings are free of charge and compulsory;
- After the first trainings, you can consider yourself a Red Cross volunteer - one from the big family of the 97 million volunteers of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent around the world - and ready to help the people in your country/ community/ town.